Thursday 26 August 2010

Autumn Leaves


Here is a card I`ve done for Sir Stampalot using one of the new Sarah Kay stamps. I challenged myself to use colours I don`t normally use and I kept to a limited colour palette and I have to say I was really pleased with the results. I get into a habit sometimes of using the same colours that are my favourites but I am trying to broaden my horizons !


The paper is the reverse side of Basic Grey " Hot Stone " which I didn`t even look at when I bought it but I like very much. The image is coloured with Distress inks, Peeled paint, spiced marmalade, brushed corduroy, tattered rose and pumice stone.

The leaves are cut from Sizzix big leaf die and the linen thread is SU which I cannot stop using !!

This image has a very Autumn feel to it as does the weather today ! It`s very wet and windy so a good day to stay indoors and craft, pity I have to work this afternoon which I`d better get myself ready for now !
Thanks for stopping by my blog, bye for now and happy crafting x

6 comments:

  1. Its so pretty Sara. Beautiful image and a great colour combo!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara it's gorgeous, I do love those papers. great colours
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. just so gorgeous and pretty! Love the image! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!Sara your card is just gorgeous,the colours look so lovely and such a nice image(may just have to get this little one)
    see you soon,hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara,
    I just love the colour combo!!
    Thank you for stopping by my new blog and for your fab comments :)
    I have added myself to your follower list XX
    Hugs
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sara very Autumn feel and coloured beautifully.
    louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)