Friday 11 March 2011

Cupcake Cutie


This is one of the new Wild Rose Studio stamps available from Sir Stampalot.I couldn`t resist this little cutie, he makes me smile. I`ve coloured him with distress inks and added a little 3D gloss to his scales and claws and the cherry on the cupcake and added a little diamond stickles to the cupcake sprinkles ( looks good enough to eat ! )
The backging paper is KaiserKraft, SU ribbon and Martha Stewart arched lattice border punch.

I made the little cupcake embellishment by punch a scallop border first and then using a scallop circle to overpunch it giving the little cupcake topping. The Cupcake base is the SU tag punch folded in half and stuck underneath. I`ve just added diamond stickles and dropped some tiny beads into it before it dried to give the sprinkles, the cherry is just a red brad covered in 3D gloss.

I`ve just bought one of the new Penny Johnson stamps which I haven`t had a chance to play with yet and I`ve fallen in love with the new LOTV stamps which I`m waiting to purchase when I go to the NEC at the end of this month hopefully.
Looks like I`m going to be busy very soon , watch this space!
thanks for looking in, bye for now and happy crafting xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sara, such a gorgeous card, love it. I wasn't keen on the image when you bought it, but now I think I MAY HAVE TO HAVE IT!!!
    hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. Such a sweet little dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Sara this card is such a cutie and beautifully coloured as always, could just eat a cupcake now yours looks so gooood.
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Sara this is so sweet,your colouring is amazing!!
    Those cupcakes look very yummy.
    Hope you are doing ok?
    see you soon,hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)