Wednesday 23 March 2011

Fluffy Cat !


This is a folded card sample I`ve done for my friend Kay Rutter to showcase the different folds you can create on her " Hougie Board " for those of you who haven`t got one of these tools I would highly recommend it. I`ve never been one for score boards so when she sent me one and asked me to create some samples for her, I had a play around with some existing folded card projects and found it so much easier to measure and fold them using this board, with inches on one side and centimetres on the other it is a fab tool and one I will continue to use again and again. She has converted me into a score board user !

I have no idea what the name for this fold is, I just call it a front centre panel card but it`s a very versatile fold.
The image and sentiment are from Penny Black which I got from the NEC last November and I`ve coloured using distress inks.
The backing paper is from Die Cuts With a View - Cat, Scrapbook in a stack. The flowers are Prima, the punch is Woodware and the linen thread for the banner is SU.
Just a simple little card this time, not too embellished which is a first for me LOL ! but as it`s a sample, I thought it best to keep it simple.

I`m off to the NEC tomorrow, I`ve never been to the spring show before so I`m looking forward to it, ( my wallet isn`t !! )
I have my eye on some of the new LOTV stamps so that will be my first stop as soon as I get there, after I`ve visited Kay`s stand and dropped off the samples I`ve done for her !
I`ll be busy over the weekend "playing" with my new stash, It`s a hard life for a crafter but I`m sure I`ll cope ! LOL,
bye for now and happy crafting xxx

6 comments:

  1. I love the card, but I really really love the saying:)
    love
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and don't spend to much at the N.E.C !!!!

    love CLare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sara, It looks lovely with that pretty flower.
    Have a lovely time tomorrow & don't buy ALL the LOTV ~ save some for me !!!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!Oh this is very sweet Sara,
    just love it.
    Hope you have a lovely day at the NEC,
    look forward to seeing what comes home with you.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute!!! Love the little paw prints at the front of the card! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sara and love the little sign.
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)