Tuesday 13 September 2011

Nativity



Here is another sample I`ve done for Sir Stampalot with the new Molly Blooms Christmas stamps, I`ve coloured with distress inks and added glitter to highlight the angels wings and glossy accents for the star.
the background paper is Kaisercraft - Dec 25th Collection - Faith, flowers are prima and the leaves are punched from Martha Stewart holly punch using Tim Holtz coredinations paper - peeled paint, distressed the edges with a sanding block and folded them to give a bit of definition. The berries are from my stash, they were wrapped around the ends of a Christmas cracker I had last year ! (everything ends up in my craft box !)
I love the Mary and Joseph in this image, it reminds me of a typical kids nativity play at school, notice how she`s got the baby round the neck and Joseph has pushed her headress over her eyes ! classic !! Clare Rowlands ( molly`s designer ) has a knack for really bringing her characters to life with little details like these ... I love them !

It took me ages to colour those bricks in, why is it the more random you try to make things look, the harder it is, trying not to get two colour bricks the same next to each other without making it look like a pattern was really challenging ! hopefully the end result justified the effort, I had a lot of fun with this little scene anyway.
I`m off for a crafty get together with some friends tomorrow so I`d better go and put a few things together to take with me to do, maybe have a play with my new doohickey and Marianne dies.
Thanks for stopping by my blog, bye for now and happy crafting xx

3 comments:

  1. A stunning little scene Sara. gorgeous colouring.

    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card sara but you know I loved them when you brought them to the shop so reminds me of school plays that seem a long time ago now.
    Hugs louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!this is such a lovely Christmas scene Sara and perfect colours/colouring.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)