Monday 30 January 2012

Tilda box card


It`s not often I sit down to craft with nothing in mind to do, this time I just wanted to play so I created this. I`d seen this idea for a box in a card before on several blogs and magazines, but I wasn`t sure how to assemble it until I got some inspiration from the new Magnolia magazine.



I haven`t had a play with my Tilda stamps for a while and I just wanted to make something very pretty and girlie ! I`ll probably end up giving it to one of my Nieces or my Goddaughter.



After I`d arranged the front of the card I didn`t see anywhere to place a sentiment so I used the doohicky tag die ( thanks for the loan Louise x ) to place the sentiment on a hidden tag which just slides out from under the main image.


Here is the inside view, I went to town a bit and had to stop myself from adding embellishments, I tend to get a bit carried away when faced with ribbon, pearls, glitter etc LOL !!



I`ve used Heavy weight (350gsm) card stock for the basic structure so it`s nice and sturdy and used the Hougie board to get very acurate folds in the concertina pleats for the sides of the box.
The Tilda`s are coloured in with distress inks ( I`ve just heard that distress inks are coming out in pen form YAY !! )and I have used distress inks antique linen to edge all the card, paper and borders.


The papers are Magnolia and Kanban, the dies are Doohicky doily and tag ( thanks again for the loan of the tag Louise x)and also my new Cheery Lynn die - Fanciful Flourish available from Sir Stampalot.



I`ve also used Martha Stewart punch around the page - antique lace and Tim Holtz tatty floral for the big flower on the front, Marianne creatables die for the little paper roses and leaves, SU adhesive pearls, stickles - diamond, Prima and orchid crafts flowers and SU ribbon and sentiment.


The little flower charm on the spine is from Meiflower. ( got to get some more of these at stamperama in a couple of weeks )


I really enjoyed having a play and creating this, it took me three days off and on as I didn`t know where I was going with it at first, I just knew I wanted to have a go at this type of project. So I kept adding bits and pieces to it and got to play with all my new dies and got my Tilda`s out of retirement ! lol.
I`m off now to do some much needed housework ( which went by the wayside while I was playing !)
Thanks for stopping by my blog, bye for now and happy crafting xx

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning card Sara, there is so much scrummy detail to see! Love the box design and your Tildas are coloured beautifully, perfect place for that sweet charm and I adore all that pink!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sara this is stunning and well worth the effort. A beautiful creation. Whoever receives this will be pleasantly surprised!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Oh this really is just gorgeous Sara,lots of lovely detail and Tildas are perfect-love all soooo much :)
    hugs Lou.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow stunning Sara so much yummy detail and so pink and girlie.
    Hugs louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara, this is so very pretty, love all the gorgeous details
    HUGZ Fleur xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)