Friday 3 August 2012

A Good Read



I made this card for a friends birthday, she is an avid reader and this new Editor Tilda stamp is just perfect for her.
I`ve coloured with distress inks and added glossy accents to her glasses for the lenses.


The background papers are Teresa Collins, other products used are Magnolia DooHickey Doily die, Hero arts lace, Tim Holtz ideology Adage Tickets and the large flower is handmade from the Tim Holtz tattered pine cone die which is my latest acquisition and I cannot stop using it, it makes the prettiest flowers!


I don`t usually decorate the inside of my cards but I was inspired in the workshop I did recently with Claudia Rosa who always decorates the inside of her cards, so I thought I`d have a go with this one. I`m going to tuck a waterstones book gift voucher under the string on the left for my friends birthday.


The sentiment is on the little tag that pulls out from behind the back layer.

I`d like to enter this card into the Just Magnolia challenge. This time around the theme is "Anything goes with the option of handmade flowers"

Thanks for looking in, bye for now and happy crafting xx

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS Sara. Love Tilda and will have to get my pine cone die out to make some flowers
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Sara and lovely colours together
    Hugs louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Sara, love the Tilda and all the gorgeous attention to detail! Hope you are well?
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers what a lush card! I can't believe I have only just found your fabby blog... I'm your newest follower. What yummy creations you have here :-) Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Really gorgeous card Sara,love your colours and colouring too ( amazing hair) the inside is so special-very pretty card.
    hugs Lou.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card (inside and out)! Your coloring is just lovely and I love you handmade flowers too! Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Mae

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)